There are two satellite symposia at the 2019 CAS Annual Meeting.
Title: Lung protective ventilation in the operating room
Date: Friday June 21
Time: 16:00 – 17:30
Location: Hyatt Regency Calgary, Imperial #4, #6, #8
Speaker: Professor Emmanuel Futier (France)
- To increase the knowledge and understanding regarding the lung protective ventilation in the OR.
- To discuss the current literature regarding patient outcomes, and areas for further study.
- To present practical clinical cases.
Title: Target Controlled Infusion Practice for Procedural Sedation
Date: Sunday June 23
Time: 6:45 – 8:00
Location: Hyatt Regency Calgary, Rooms #5, #7, #9, Corr
Speaker: Dr. Keith Anderson, B.Sc, MB, ChB, FRCA, PhD
- Definition of sedation and levels of sedation, as well as standards of monitoring
- Describe benefits of propofol over benzodiazepines
- Describe logic, benefits and practicalities of propofol TCI vs intermittent bolus or manual infusion
- Summarize indications of remifentanil for sedation using TCI, and pharmacodynamics interactions with propofol